Homemade Vegetable Buns
Submitted by stelladias77 on November 25, 2011.
* FOR THE DOUGH:
* 250 grams Plain Flouri
* 5 grams Yeasti
* 25 grams Sugar
* ½ Tablespoons Salti To Taste
* 110 milliliters Warm Water
* 1 whole Eggi, Beaten, Divided Use
* 25 grams Butteri, Softened
* FOR THE FILLING:
* 1 Tablespoon Olive Oili
* 1 teaspoon Garlici Chopped
* 2 Tablespoons Red Onioni, Chopped
* 75 grams Carroti (cut Into Small Slices)
* 50 grams Leeksi (cut Into Small Slices)
* 100 grams Prepared Or Left Over Mashed Potatoes
* ½ teaspoons Salt To Taste
* ¼ teaspoons Pepper
* 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds, For Garnishi
In a mixing bowl combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mixi 1 minute. Next add water and half of the beaten egg. Mix. Add butter and mix until combined. Kneadi by hand until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. After that, punch the dough down and make 8 round balls and allow them to rise for 10 minutes .
Now take out each ball and roll out with a rolling pin until you get a thin disk (diameter 5 inch, thickness 1/4 inch).
In a pan heat 1/2 table spoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and mix it around until it’s softened. Next add onion, carrots, leeks and mashed potatoes. Mix until onion is softened and everything is heated through. Add pepper and salt. Mix well.
Now place a tablespoon full of filling mixture in the middle of each disk and cover it from all sides with the dough. Then, pinch them to close.
Place pinched side down on a greased baking tray and allow to rise for 35 minutes. Next brush the remaining beaten egg over the top of the buns and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
Bakei at 200 C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with tomato sauce.