Wick Fowlers Two Alarm Chili
Wick Fowlers Two Alarm Chili ingredients
- 3 lb Ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 c Tomato sauce
- 1 Onion, chopped
- garlic to taste - chopped
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Cayenne pepper
- 1 t Tabasco sauce
- 1 T Oregano; dried, crushed
- 1 T Cumin, ground
- 6 Red peppers; 2" long (opt)
- 4 T Chili powder
- 1 T Paprika
- 2 T flour
Cooking Wick Fowlers Two Alarm Chili
1. Seari the meat with the onions and garlic.
2. When meat is thoroughly browned, put in tomato sauce, and add some water.
3. Add all other ingredients.
4. Cover with 1/2" of water and stir well.
5. Simmeri at least an hour and a half, or longer, stirring regularly.
6. Towards the end, skim the grease and add the flour, mixed with warm water, to thicken.
7. Serve by itself, or with beans, (cooked separately) or with rice, corn meal mush.
8. This is the recipe Mike Roy swore by. I found it published in the Mike Roy Cookbook #2, which I received from my mother as a gift in 1966.
9. The recipe was originally from the Chili Appreciation Society International, Los Angeles Chapter.