- Main Ingredient: Various Fruits
- 1 lb Bing cherries or other fresh
- --- or frozen fruit
- 1 lb Granulated sugar
- 1 l Vodka, rum or brandy
- -(higher proof -- the better
1. Recipe by: seagalley wash and stem the cherries.
2. Place them in a clean glass container.
3. Pour the pound of sugar over the cherries.
4. Do not stir or shake.
5. Pour the liquor over the sugar and cherries.
6. Do not stir.
7. Cover with a lid. Put the jar on a cool dark place and let it stand three months.
8. Straini into two 1-quart bottles.
9. This produces a very sweet liquor.
10. I use less sugar, but if sweet is what you want, this is it. You can use oranges, peaches apricots, plums, etc.
11. Do not peel the fruit first.