Vegetable-bulgur pilaf ingredients
- 1⁄2 c Onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 c Celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 c Fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clv garlic, minced
- 1 T Cooking oil
- 1⁄2 c Carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 c Zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 c Chicken/beef/ vegetable
- 1⁄4 c Red/green pepper strips
- 1⁄4 c BULGUR WHEAT
- 1⁄2 t Dried tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄4 t Salt
Cooking Vegetable-bulgur pilaf
1. In a 2-quart saucepan cook chopped onion, chopped celery, sliced mushrooms, and garlic in hot oil about 5 minutes or till vegetables are tender but not brown.
2. Stiri in sliced carrots, sliced zucchini, chicken, beef or vegetables broth, red or green pepper strips, bulgur, dried tarragon, and salt.
3. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
4. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
5. Makes 4 servings.
6. Food exchanges per serving: 1 vegetables exchanges sub bulgur for quinoa soruce: better homes and gardens, eating light by whom.