- Course: Cookies and bars
Truffle mice ingredients
- 4 oz Chocolate, semisweet or 4 sq
- 1⁄3 c Sour cream
- 1 c Chocolate wafer crumbs-fine
- 1⁄3 c Chocolate wafer crumbs or
- 1⁄3 c Sugar, icing
- Gold or silver dragees(eyes)
- Almonds, slivered (ears)
- Licorice (tails)
Cooking Truffle mice
1. In bowl, combine chocolate and sour cream.
2. Stiri in 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs; mix well.
3. Cover and refrigerate till firm; about 1 hour.
4. Roll scant tablespoonfuls of chocolate mixture in small balls slightly pointed at end. Roll lightly in icing sugar or chocolate wafer crumbs.
5. Garnishi: insert dragees (silver or gold balls) for eyes, almond slices for ears and small bits of licorice for tails.
6. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
7. (truffles may be stored in airtight container in fridge for up to 1 week).
8. Makes: 2 doze.