Tamales de elote
Tamales de elote ingredients
- 1⁄2 c Milk
- 1 1⁄3 c Roasted fresh corn kernels
- 1 c Masa harina
- 14 T butter, softened
- 1 t baking powder
- 1⁄2 t Salt
- 1⁄2 c Chiles poblanos, finely diced
- 1⁄2 c Jack cheese
- 8 Dried corn husks
Cooking Tamales de elote
1. Soak husks in hot water until pliable.
2. In a saut pan simmer the milk and corn together over medium heat until the corn becomes soft (about 10 minutes.
3. Straini the corn, reserve 1 cup, and pure the remainder with the milk.
4. Add the pure to the masa harina, and mix with a spoon or whisk.
5. In a large bowl, whip the butter, baking powder, and salt together until light and fluffy.
6. Incorporate the masa in 2 oz increments, whisking until light and fluffy (about 10 to 15 minutes total).
7. Foldi in the green chile, remaining corn and cheese.
8. Divide masa evenly between the corn husks, roll and tie tamales and steam for 30 minutes.
9. Let cool slightly and serve.