Sweet and sour soybeans
Sweet and sour soybeans ingredients
- Sweet-sour sauce (see below)
- 2 T Salad Oil
- 1 Large onion cut 1" squares
- 2 Large carrots cut ¼" slice 2 ½ c Cooked soybeans ***
- 1 Clove garlic, minced/pressed
- 1 Green pepper *
- 3⁄4 c Fresh pineapple chuncks **
- 2 Tomatoes, cut in wedges
Cooking Sweet and sour soybeans
1. * seeded and cut into 1" squares ** or canned pineapple chuncks drained *** 3 to 3-½ hours cooking time after sooking prepare sweet-sour sauce and reserve.
2. In a bowl combine 1-½ t. each cornstarch, soy sauce, and dry sherry; ½ cup each brown sugar and wine vinegar; and 1/3 cup vegetable stock.
3. heat oil in a wide frying pan over high heat; add onion, carrots, and garlic and cook stirring for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Add green pepper and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add pineapple, tomatoes, and soybeans and cook for 2 minutes or until hot. Stiri sweet-sour sauce, pour into pan, and continue to cook, stirring, until sauce bubbles and thickens.
6. per serving: 10 grams protein, 72 grams carbohydrate, no cholesterol, 391 calories.