Svickova (czech beef with cream sauce)
Svickova (czech beef with cream sauce) ingredients
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Parsnips
- 1 Celery root
- 2 large Onions
- 4 oz Fat bacon
- 15 peppercorns
- 10 Allspice grains
- 3 Bay leaves
- 3 T Dried thyme
- 2 lb Leg beef (sic)
- 2 c Heavy Cream
- 2 T flour
- 1 T Vinegar
- 1 T Sugar
- 1 Lemon; grated rind of
- Preserved cranberries
Cooking Svickova (czech beef with cream sauce)
1. Juliennei carrots, parsnips, celery root and onion.
2. Fryi in bacon fat in a large pan until browned.
3. Add the meat, spices, salt, then add water to cover.
4. Stewi until the meat is tender, adding more water as necessary.
5. Take the cooked meat out, and puree vegetables.
6. Return to pot, add cream and flour, and simmer.
7. When the sauce is thick enough, add vinegar, sugar and lemon rind.
8. Remove from heat, slice the meat, put on plate, and pour the sauce around the meat pieces.
9. Garnishi with preserved cranberries.