Steamed oysters ingredients
- 12 Oysters In Shells
- 1 T Low-Calorie Margarine
- 1⁄2 t lemon juice, fresh
- Ds Tabasco Sauce
Cooking Steamed oysters
1. Scrub and rinse the oysters under cold running water.
2. Place the oysters around the edge of a large microwave plate (two may go in the middle if necessary).
3. With the microwave on high, cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the shells open; turn the plate every 3 minutes for even cooking.
4. Remove the oysters from their shells with a shucking knife.
5. Place them on heated dish and keep them warm.
6. Meanwhile, combine the margarine, lemon juice and tabasco sauce in a small microwave dish.
7. Cook on high 20 to 25 seconds or until the margarine is melted.
8. Serve with the oysters.
9. One serving: calories: 45 carbohydrates: negligible exchange: ½ medium-fat meat.