Spareribs and bohemian sauerkraut
Spareribs and bohemian sauerkraut ingredients
- 2 lb Spareribs
- 1 t Salt
- 1 T -Shortening
- 1⁄4 c water
- 16 oz Sauerkraut
- 3 T Onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 t Carroway seed
- 1⁄8 t Salt
- 3 T Sugar
- 3 T Bacon drippings
Cooking Spareribs and bohemian sauerkraut
1. Cut ribs in serving pieces.
3. Browni in melted shortening in heavy kettle or skillet.
4. Add water.
5. Cover and cook slowly for 1 hour.
6. Empty kraut into another heavy kettle.
7. (wash if very tart, drain, and add ¾ cup water).
8. Add remaining ingredients.
9. Cover and cook slowly for 30 minutes.
10. Pour off drippings from ribs.
11. Add kraut and 3 tablespoons drippings to ribs and cook an additional hour.