Spanish pork chop dinner
Spanish pork chop dinner ingredients
- 4 Pork chops, trimmed of fat
- 1 T Oil
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Chili powder
- 1⁄4 t Black pepper
- 3⁄4 c Long grain rice
- 1⁄2 c Chopped onion
- 1⁄4 c Chopped green peppers
- 1 cn (1 lb 4 oz) whole tomatoes
- 5 Green peppers rings
- 1⁄2 c Grated Cheddar cheese
Cooking Spanish pork chop dinner
1. In large dutch oven, slowly brown the chops in heated oil. Drain off excess oil. Sprinkle chops with salt, chili powder and black pepper.
2. Add rice, onions and chopped green peppers.
3. Pour in tomatoes with liquid, breaking tomatoes into pieces with a wooden spoon.
4. Cover and bring to boiling over high heat.
5. Reducei heat and simmer 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add pepper rings and cook 2 minutes longer or until rice and meat are tender.
7. Sprinkle with cheese.
8. Transfer to serving platter, arranging chops and pepper rings over the top. ** you may use precooked rice if you wish, adding it during the last 10 minutes of cooking.