Singing hinnies ingredients
- 4 c flour
- 2 t Sugar
- 1 t Baking soda
- 2 t Cream of tartar
- 1 pn Salt
- 1⁄4 c Lard
- 1⁄4 c margarine
- 1 1⁄4 c Currants or currants and
- -sultanas mixed
- 2 T Milk, or enough to make
- -stiff dough
Cooking Singing hinnies
1. These are hotcakes from the isle of cape breton in nova scotia.
2. mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt then rub in lard (i would use shortening) and margarine.
3. Add currants and milk to make dough stiff enough to roll ¾" thick.
4. Cut into thick rounds and bake on greased griddle or lightly greased electric pan set on low, until brown.
5. Turn and cook on the other side.
6. Split and spread with butter and jam.