Saltimbocca Al Parmigiano-Reggiano (Veal with Parm-Reggiano)
Saltimbocca Al Parmigiano-Reggiano (Veal with Parm-Reggiano) ingredients
- 4 Veal slices (2oz ea)
- 3 1⁄2 oz prosciutto; thinly sliced
- 8 Iceberg lettuce leaves;
- Parmigiano-Reggiano; flaked
- 1⁄3 c butter; room temp
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 T Beef broth
- 1⁄2 c Dry white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh sage Leaves
Cooking Saltimbocca Al Parmigiano-Reggiano (Veal with Parm-Reggiano)
1. Place the parboiled lettuce leaves on individual plates and sprinkle with cheese flakes.
2. Sautei the veal on both sides in a skillet with a little oil (about 5 minutes).
3. Transfer to a platter and place a slice of prosciutto, sage leaf and small pat of butter on each piece.
4. Set aside and keep warm.
5. Pour the beef broth and wine into the skillet and cook over low heat for a few minutes until reduced by half.
6. Add the veal slices and turn off the heat.
7. Place each slice of veal with its prosciutto and sage on a bed of cheese and lettuce, top with a bit of sauce and serve immediately.