- 2 Orange
- 2 Lemon
- 6 Egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 c Sugar
- 1⁄2 c Red wine
- 1⁄2 c white wine
- 1⁄4 c Sherry
- 1 qt French vanilla ice cream
- 24 Strawberries
1. Extract juice from the oranges & lemons.
2. Gratei the rinds on a piece of waxed paper or in a small bowl.
3. In the top of a double boiler over water just under boiling, beat egg yolks for 1 minute.
4. Add grated orange and lemon rinds and all other ingredients except ice cream and strawberries.
5. Keep beating until mixture at- tains the consistency of hollandaise sauce and foams up a bit. Remove from heat.
6. Make individ- ual strawberry sundaes and liberally top with the sauce.