Rich davis' barbecued meat loaf
Rich davis' barbecued meat loaf ingredients
- 1 1⁄2 lb Lean Ground Chuck
- 1⁄2 lb Lean ground pork
- 1 c Chopped onions
- 1 c Chopped green bell pepper
- 2 Thick slices dry toast --
- 1 large Egg -- beaten
- 3⁄4 c Spicy KC Masterpiece
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 T Minced garlic
- 2 T Chili powder
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 1 6 inch Cooked Smoked Sausage
- -(6 to 8)
Cooking Rich davis' barbecued meat loaf
1. Thoroughly combine all the ingredients except the sausage.
2. Place minture on wax papper and flatten enough to place the sausage down the center.
3. Wrap the mixture around the sausage and shape to form a meat loaf with the sausage in the center.
4. Place in a loaf pan and make a slight grove in the top and pour in additonal babecue sauce.
5. Place on a hot covered barbecue for 1 hour.
6. Remove and let cool 10 - 15 minutes.
7. Turn loaf out of pan, slice and top servings with additional barbecue sauce.
8. *note: the meat loaf can also be cooked in the oven at 350.
9. recipe by : chile pepper magazine, july/august 1995.