Pulled barbecue - beef
Pulled barbecue - beef ingredients
- 5 lb Beef brisket - or chuck
- 2 c Onion, chopped
- 1 c ketchup
- 1⁄2 c Chili sauce
- 1⁄4 c Wine - or cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 c Brown sugar - packed
- 3 T worchestershire sause
- 2 T Lemon juice
- 2 T mustard
- 1 T dark molasses
- 2 t Salt
- 1⁄4 t Black pepper - freshly
- 1⁄4 t Cayenne pepper - optional
- 1⁄4 t Hot pepper sauce - optional
Cooking Pulled barbecue - beef
1. Seasoni meat with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place in a heavy, oven-proof pot with lid or use a roaster with lid or foil cover.
3. Bakei in preheated 325°F oven for 4 hours (approximately 1 hour per pound) or until meat is fork tender and falls apart.
4. In the meantime, heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in another pot and saute onions until tender.
5. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 to 30 minutes over low heat.
6. Once meat is cooked, remove from roaster and let cool, slightly.
7. Chopi, shred, or pull meat apart.
8. Combine sauce and pulled meat, adding as much sauce as necessary to hold meat together, without slopping too much.
9. Heat meat and sauce mixture on the stove or over the barbecue, adding more pan juices or water, if necessary, to keep meat moist.