Prosciutto and green pea risotto
Prosciutto and green pea risotto ingredients
- 1 c Thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 c butter Or margarine
- 1⁄2 c prosciutto or ham, julienned
- 1 c Uncooked medium grain rice
- 1⁄2 c Dry white wine
- 2 c Hot chicken broth
- 3 c Hot water
- 1 c Frozen green peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 c Heavy Cream
- 1⁄2 c Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 T Chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 t -dried basil
- 1⁄4 t Ground White Pepper
Cooking Prosciutto and green pea risotto
1. Cook green onions in butter 2 or 3 minutes or until soft in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add prosciutto; cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
3. Add rice and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until rice is lightly browned.
4. Add wine; stir until absorbed.
5. Increase heat to medium high; stir in 1 cup broth.
6. Continue stirring and adding remaining broth and water, 1 cup at a time, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency.
7. It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
8. Remove from heat; stir in peas, cream, cheese, basil and pepper.
9. Stiri until mixture is creamy.
10. Serve immediately.
11. each serving provides: * 348 calories * 11. 9 g. Protein * 18. 7 g. Fat * 26. 7 g. Carbohydrate * 1. 4 g. Dietary fiber * 58 mg. Cholesterol * 876 mg.