Pickled peppers or chilies
Pickled peppers or chilies ingredients
- 2 1⁄2 lb Red or green sweet peppers
- 2 1⁄2 lb Fresh hot chilies
- 1 qt Vinegar
- 1 qt water
- 4 t Salt
Cooking Pickled peppers or chilies
1. Olivei oil (optional) wash the peppers or chilies thoroughly.
2. Cut around the stem of each large pepper and pull out the stem with attached core and seeds.
3. Leave the peppers whole of cut them into sections or strips, as desired.
4. Hot chilies may be stemmed and seeded, of left whole with stems intact.
5. Make two small slits in whole peppers or chilies.
6. Mixi the vinegar and water; heat to a simmer - 150