Pesto Souffle ingredients
- 2 c Fresh basil leaves
- 3 T garlic
- 1⁄4 c Pine nuts
- 1 c Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 c olive oil
- 1⁄2 t Salt
- 1⁄2 c Unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 c flour
- 1 c Milk
- 1⁄4 t white pepper
- 1⁄4 t Freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 Egg yolks
- 1⁄4 c Scallions
- 4 c tomato concasse
- 10 Egg whites
Cooking Pesto Souffle
1. Combine basil, garlic, pine nuts, one-third of the parmesan cheese, and half the salt in a food processor.
2. Process to chop fine.
3. With machine running, add oil in a thin-steady stream process until thickened, set aside.
4. Butteri large souffle dishes.
5. Sprinkle each with parmesan cheese, set aside.
6. Heat three-fourths of the butter in a skillet, over a medium flame.
7. Whiski in flour, heat and stir to make a pale-blond roux gradually whisk in milk.
8. Heat and stir until thickened.
9. Seasoni to taste with half of the remaining salt, white pepper, and nutmeg.
10. Mixi in yolks, a tablespoon at a time, until well blended.
11. Sautei scallions in remaining butter to soften.
12. Add tomatoes, heat and stir over a moderate flame, until liquid nearly evaporates.
13. Remove from heat.
14. Combine with pesto and cheese mixture-mix well.
15. Beat whites and remaining salt together, until stiff.
16. Stiri one-fourth of whites into souffle mixture-mix well gently fold in remaining whites.
17. Pour into prepared souffle dishes.
18. Place into a 400 degree oven.