Pesto 'n' pasta chicken
Pesto 'n' pasta chicken ingredients
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast meat
- -boneless, skinless,
- 6 oz Penne pasta (short tubes) uncooked
- 2 c Fresh spinach leaves
- -firmly packed
- 4 T Grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 T Chopped fresh basil
- 2 T Pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- -- peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 t Red pepper flakes
- 1 c Plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 t Salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
Cooking Pesto 'n' pasta chicken
1. Slice the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
2. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting any salt or fat. Drain well, set aside and keep warm.
3. Combine the spinach and the next seven ingredients in the container of an electric blender or food processor.
4. Cover and process until smooth.
5. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
6. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add the chicken and saute until browned; stir in the reserved spinach mixture.
7. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until it is thoroughly heated and the chicken is tender (do not boil).
8. Add the reserved past to the skillet.
9. Tossi gently.
10. Serve immediately.