Patsy's True Italian Lasagna
Patsy's True Italian Lasagna ingredients
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 c Chopped onion
- 1 Cloves garlic
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 2 t Salt
- 28 oz Tomatoes, canned
- 8 oz Tomato sauce
- 6 oz Tomato paste
- 3⁄4 c water
- 1⁄2 t basil
- 1⁄2 t Oregano
- 1 t Sugar
- 1 T Dried parsley
- 1 lb lasagna noodles
- 1 lb Cottage cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1 lb Mozzarella cheese
- 1 c Grated Parmesan or R Cheese or a mixture
Cooking Patsy's True Italian Lasagna
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy sauce pan. Sautei onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
2. Stiri in ground beef, cook over medium heat for until browned.
3. Add salt, tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, basil, oregano, sugar and parsley.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
6. Add a tablespoon oil while cooking to prevent sticking.
7. Drain, rinse and cool.
8. Blend cottage cheese & egg in bowl.
9. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
10. Greasei a 13 x 9. 5 x 3 inch baking pan. Arrange alternate layers of sauce, lasagna, cottage cheese/egg mixture mozzarella, finishing with sauce.
11. Sprinkle with parmesan or romano cheese.
12. Bakei for 35 minutes at 375 degrees (F). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
13. NOTE: For the lazy mans' alternative, use uncooked noodles and add 1/ 3/4 cup of water to dish before baking.
14. From: Wayne Woodman ~-- == Courtesy of Dale & Gail Shipp, Columbia Md.