Pancit palabok ingredients
- 8 oz Pack rice noodles
- 1 T Annato seeds(achuete)
- 1 c Shrimp juice
- 2 T Fish sauce (patis)
- 2 1⁄2 T Cornstarch, mixed
- With ¼ cup water
- 1⁄2 lb Shrimps, shelled and fried
- 3⁄4 c Finely crushed chicharon
- -(pork rinds)
- 3 ea Cloves garlic, chopped and
- 2 T Green onions; chopped
- 2 sli Hard cooked eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking Pancit palabok
1. Soak noodles in boiling water for 20 minutes or until softened.
2. Drain well.
3. Set aside.
4. Let the soaked annato seeds stand for 20 minutes, then roll seeds with your fingers until you extract the color.
5. Discard the seeds.
6. Add annato water to shrimp juice in a saucepan.
7. Seasoni with fish sauce, salt, black pepper.
8. Stiri in the cornstarch, simmer until thick, stirring continously until thickened.
9. In a plate, put the noodles, pour sauce over it, then sprinkle crushed pork rinds, shrimps, fried garlic, green onions.
10. Arrange sliced eggs on top and lemon wedges on the side.
11. To serve, toss pancit mixture and sprinkle with lemon juice to taste.
12. Pancit palabok.