Pancit guisado ingredients
- ½ ea A chicken, cut in pieces (1 lb.)
- 1 lb pork
- 1 med Onion, finely sliced
- 2 ea Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄3 lb Shrimp, cut in ½
- 1 T Patis (fish sauce)
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 c Cabbage, shredded
- 1 ea Stalk celery, cut in slices on the diagonal
- 1 c Beans, french cut
- 1 ea Carrot, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 c Broth in which chicken and pork were boiled
- 1 lb Package rice sticks, soaked in hot water 20 min. until soft and drained
- Salt and pepper
- Hard boiled eggs for garnish
- Sl Scallions for garnish
- Lemon wedges
Cooking Pancit guisado
1. Boil chicken and pork in 1 ½ cups water for 15 minutes.
2. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken (throw away bones) and cut pork into thin slices.
3. Set aside.
4. Heat some oil. Sautei the onion and garlic.
5. Add chicken, pork, shrimp, soy sauce and patis.
6. Cook until shrimp turns pink.
7. Put mixture on plate.
8. To the wok or saucepan now add the green beans, cabbage, carrots, and celery.
9. Add one cup broth, and season with salt and pepper.
10. Stiri fry 2 minutes.
11. Take out 1 cup of veggies and set aside (this is for garnish).
12. To the remaining veggies, add the noodles and stir over low heat.
13. If the noodles are too dry, add some more broth.
14. Mixi in most of the meat/shrimp mixture.
15. Seasoni to taste.
16. When mixture has warmed through, put it on a platter.
17. Garnishi with remaining meat and veggies.
18. Garnish further with sliced hard boiled eggs and sliced scallion.
19. Serve with lemon, patis and soy sauce.
20. Pancit guisado (for 8-10).