Okoy Shrimp-Tofu Fritters
Okoy Shrimp-Tofu Fritters ingredients
- 1⁄2 lb frozen shelled shrimp (small size)
- 1 c All-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 c Bean sprouts
- 1 c water
- 2 T Chopped scallions
- 2 Eggs, well beaten
- 1 t Salt
- 1 c thinly sliced bean curd (tofu)
- 1 c Vegatable oil
- 4 T Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 T water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄8 t Ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
Cooking Okoy Shrimp-Tofu Fritters
1. Mixi water and flour until smooth.
2. Add eggs, salt and bean curd.
3. Mix thoroughly.
4. Prepare skillet or wok by heating 1/2 cup of oil to start.
5. Drop heaping tablespoonful of mixture in hot oil, taking care that fritters don't stick to each other.
6. When bottom side of fritters start to brown, turn over.
7. Fryi until crisp and dry on paper towels.
8. Continue to add remaining oil as needed until all fritters are cooked.
9. Serve in a large dish with saucer of dip.