New England Clam Chowder
New England Clam Chowder ingredients
- 2 T Clarified butter
- 3 HEARTS OF CELERY, CHOPPED
- 2 LEEKS, WHITE PART ONLY, CHOP
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 IDAHO POTATO, PEELED AND DIC
- 3 t White flour
- 20 TOP NECK CLAMS, SHELLED,
- 1 CHOPPED, STRAINED, AND JUICE
- 1 RESERVED
- 1 c Heavy Cream
- 1 1⁄2 c water
- 1 Salt to taste
Cooking New England Clam Chowder
1. 1. Simmeri the celery, leeks, and onions in clarified butter for six minutes.
2. Add potatoes.
3. Add the flour to thicken, continually stirring.
4. 2. Add the chopped clams and juice.
5. Continue simmering for one minute.
6. Add the heavy cream and water.
7. Simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add salt to taste.
9. To bring out the full flavor of this delicious chowder, remove it from the heat and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
10. this steeping will enrich its taste.
11. If the chowder is too thick, add more water.