Mushroom Bhaji ingredients
- 675 g Mushrooms
- 3 T Vegetable oil or ghee
- 2 t garlic Puree
- 6 T Onion Puree
- 200 ml Akhni stock or water
- 1 fresh Chili
- 1 T Coriander - chopped fresh
- Salt to taste
- GROUND SPICES
- 1 t Coriander
- 1 t Cumin
- 2 t Paprika
Cooking Mushroom Bhaji
1. Wash the mushrooms, and only peel them if they look as though they need it. Leave whole, or quarter or thinly slice.
2. Heat the oil and fry the garlic at quite high heat for just one minute.
3. Add the onion and fry for about 3 - 5 minutes.
4. They ahould be golden brown.
5. Make a paste of the spices with a little vegetable stock or water, and add to the onion.
6. Fryi for a further five minutes then add sufficient water or stock to obtain a thick but fluid mixture.
7. When it is simmering, add the mushrooms and the fresh chili and coriander.
8. When they are hot they are ready to serve - and the fresher the better.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. The mushrooms should be fresh.
11. This dish does not keep or freeze.