Mjuk Pepparkaka Or Swedish Spice Bread
Mjuk Pepparkaka Or Swedish Spice Bread ingredients
- 1 1⁄2 c All-purpose flour
- 1 t Baking soda
- 1 t Ground cinnamon
- 1 t Ground ginger
- 1 t Ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 t Ground cloves
- 1 c Granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 c butter Or margarine
- 2 Eggs
- 8 oz Sour cream
Cooking Mjuk Pepparkaka Or Swedish Spice Bread
1. Recipe by: Midwest Living, December 1994 Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan or two 7 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 2-inch pans.
2. Stiri together the flour, baking soda and spices; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the sugar and butter with an electric mixer until fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add the dry ingredients and the sour cream alternately to the beaten mixture, beating until just combined.
6. Turn the batter into the prepared pan(s).
7. Bakei for 55 to 60 minutes ro the large loaf or 45 to 50 minutes for the smaller loaves.
8. Cool in the pan(s) on wire rack(s) for 10 minutes.
9. Remove; cool completely.
10. Makes 1 or 2 loaves.
11. Note: Serve this pound-cakelike bread with whipped cream laced with shredded lemon peel.
12. Or you can slice the loaf into three layers horizontally and fill with whipped cream.