- 3 Whole Oranges, Seeded, Chop
- 3 Whole Lemons, Seeded, Chop
- 1 Water Equal To Whole Fruit
- 1 Sugar Equal To Cooked Fruit
1. Measure chopped fruit and place in heavy saucepan.
2. Measure equal amounts of water and pour into saucepan.
3. Bring to boil.
4. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand in a cool place for 24 hours.
6. Again bring to a boil and cook over high heat for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand in a cool place for another 24 hours.
8. Measure out fruit mixture.
9. Add equal amount of sugar.
10. Again bring to a boil over medium heat.
11. Cook, stirring constantly, for another 15 minutes, or until mixture begins to gel. Remove from heat and immediately pour into hot sterilized jars.
12. Vacuum seal.
13. Makes 6 1/2 pint jars.