- 1 lb Almonds, blanched
- -finely ground
- 1 lb sugar, powdered
- Confectioners' sugar
- Food colouring
- 2 T Orange water or rose
- -water (Can be obtained
- -from your local
1. Combine ground almonds, sugar and flavouring in a saucepan.
2. Cook until mixture leaves side of pan. Roll almond mixture on a flat surface to about ½-inch thickness.
3. Cut into shapes, mold, paint with food colouring, decorate, etc. Place on wax paper to dry for 2 hours.
4. Notes: * marzipan -- this recipe could be used as part of a 12-course meal known in polish as wigilia, or on its own. Wigilia is eaten after sundown on christmas eve. : difficulty: easy.
5. : time: ½ hour plus time to decorate.
6. : precision: approximate measurement ok.
7. : original recipe passed down through the generations and translated from polish into english.