Lamb sausage ingredients
- 2 lb Lamb, fat removed
- 1 lb pork
- 1⁄4 lb Fresh fatback
- 2 T Cayenne pepper
- 1 T Cumin
- 1⁄2 t garlic Powder
- 2 t Salt
Cooking Lamb sausage
1. Ask the butcher to grind the lamb, pork, and fatback together, or do it yourself in a meat grinder.
2. In a small bowl, mix the pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and salt with 4 tablespoons of water.
3. Put the meat in a large bowl.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of the spice mix and knead it in with your hands.
5. This amount makes a fairly hot mix. If you don"t like spicy foods, use 1 tablespoon of the mix, then fry a bit of the meat and taste it. You can always add more if it"s not hot enough.
6. Either pack the mixture into sausage casings or shape it into patties.
7. When ready to use, heat them in a covered pan with a little water, then remove the cover and cook the sausage until no redness shows.
8. Makes 20 5-inch links or 14 to 16 patties.