Kishka - Easier
Kishka - Easier ingredients
- 1⁄4 lb margarine (parve--that's just means kosher,not nec.)
- 2⁄3 c Hot water
- 1 c flour
- 3 sli White bread (tear in small pieces)
- 2 c Corn flakes (YES!)
- 1 t Heaping minced onions (mix in hot water) or 1 small onion grated
Cooking Kishka - Easier
1. Kishka/easier Who wants to stuff 9 feet of beef casings? !!! Here's a mock kishka recipe that's much easier and very good.
2. Kosher salti Freshly ground pepper Paprikai (my mon uses a Ritz Crackers instead of corn flakes) Melt margerine in hot water.
3. When completely melted, add flour, bread, corn flakes and onion.
4. Add salt and pepper and enough paprika to give reddish color.
5. Tear off two pieces of foil 15 inches long.
6. Place mixture shaped into two long rolls along edge of foil about 2 inches from eachedge.
7. The roll should be 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
8. Bakei at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
9. Allow to cool slightly.
10. Wrap in fresh tin foil and freeze.
11. Then when ready for use, slice, place on cookie sheet and warm thoroughly.
12. Makes about 12 pieces.
13. You can also use a sauce with this too. try a mushroom sauce or beef sauce.
14. Packages sauces are good.