Kim chee #8
Kim chee #8 ingredients
- 3 large Cucumbers
- 1 1⁄2 T Salt
- 1 Scallion (including top)
- 1 Cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 t red chili pepper
- 1⁄2 c water
Cooking Kim chee #8
1. Preparation: cut off the ends of the cucumber, but do not peel.
2. Cut each cucumber in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
3. Cut into 1-½-inch pieces.
4. Mixi 1 tablespoon of the salt thoroughly with the cucumber pieces and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
5. Then was all the salt off. Cut the scallion into thin strips lengthwise and then into 2-inch pieces.
6. Smash, peel, and mince garlic.
7. Mincei chili pepper.
8. Combine cucumber, scallion, garlic, chili pepper, and the other ½ tablespoon of the salt and water, and mix thoroughly in a crock or pot. Cover tightly and allow to stand for 2 days at room temperature.
9. This kim chee will keep for 2 weeks if refrigerated in a tightly covered jar.