K.d. lang's indonesian salad with spicy peanu
K.d. lang's indonesian salad with spicy peanu ingredients
- FOR THE SALAD
- 3 T Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb Firm tofu, patted dry
- 2 small Potatoes, boiled
- -- cut into bite-size wedges
- 1⁄2 lb Fresh spinach, cleaned
- -- steamed, and chopped
- 1⁄2 small Head green cabbage, shredded
- -- and lightly steamed
- 1⁄2 lb Mung bean sprouts
- -- washed thoroughly
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 c Roasted peanuts
- 5 t soy sauce or tamari
- 3 T Lime or lemon juice
- 4 t Brown sugar
- 1⁄4 t Cayenne pepper
- 2 T water
Cooking K.d. lang's indonesian salad with spicy peanu
1. Heat the oil and salt in a medium frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the tofu in small batches and saute until lightly browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
4. Arrange the bean curd, potatoes, spinach, and cabbage on individual plates.
5. Prepare the dressing by placing all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and blending until smooth.
6. If the dressing seems too thick, add another teaspoon of water.
7. Top the vegetables and bean curd with the bean sprouts and dressing, and serve immediately.