Incredible brownies ingredients
- 1⁄3 c butter
- 5 t Carob powder
- 1 c Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 3 t vanilla (or 4)
- 3⁄4 c Oat flour
- 1 1⁄2 t baking powder
- 1⁄2 t Salt
- 1⁄2 c walnuts, broken
Cooking Incredible brownies
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg. Greasei 8 in square baking pan. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and carob powder, stirring until thoroughly mixed; remove from heat and cool slightly.
3. In a small bowl, beat together honey and eggs; slowly add carob mixture, beating until blended.
4. Stiri in vanilla, to taste.
5. In a medium bowl, sift oat flour, baking powder and salt; add walnuts ( or other nuts).
6. Using a spatula, stir in carob mixture and mix. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
7. When done, the center will still be somewhat gooey, but the edges will be cakelike.
8. Cool 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares.
9. If squares are too soft to cup, refrigerate pan 15 min or longer,m until firm enough to cut. Note: carob powder can be found at health food and specialty stores.
10. Note: to make your own oat flour, pulse one cup uncooked oatmeal in a blender container or bowl of a food processor until finely ground; about 30 seconds.
11. Per serving: calories/brownie 149(5 % from protein 57% from carbohydrate, 38%from fat) protein 2 grams, fat 7 grams, cholesterol 37 mg, carbohydrate 24 grams, sodium 145 mg.
12. Exchanges 1 ½ fat from the files of frances keeney.