Hawaiian Chicken Cho Cho
Hawaiian Chicken Cho Cho ingredients
- 9 lb Boneless chicken breast
- 100 bamboo skewer
- 7 c soy sauce
- 6 c Dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 c Ginger
- 1 t Ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 c Oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 c sweet bean paste
- 1⁄2 c light molasses
- 1 T Horseradish
- 1⁄2 c Dry white wine
- 1⁄3 c Cornstarch
- 1⁄3 c Beer
- 1⁄2 c Plum wine
Cooking Hawaiian Chicken Cho Cho
1. Thread meat on skewers, without crowding.
2. Combine soy, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, oyster sauce, bean paste, molasses, horseradish, and wine in a saucepot, over a moderate flame.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and stir until dissolved and well blended.
4. Combine cornstarch and beer or sake-mix well.
5. Add to saucepot, heat and stir until thickened.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Add plum wine-mix well.
8. Brush onto skewered chicken strips.
9. Grilli over hot coals for 2-4 minutes per side until done, basting often.
10. Arrange onto a heated serving platter.
11. Moisten with heated sauce.
12. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.