Ham and asparagus pasta
Ham and asparagus pasta ingredients
- 3⁄4 lb Fresh asparagus spears or
- - one 10-oz. pkg. frozen
- - asparagus
- - cut up
- 1 T Dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 t Dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 t Dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄8 t Ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 c Evaporated skim milk
- 10-oz. multicolored pasta
- - such as wagon wheel or
- - corkscrew
- 6 oz Lean fully cooked ham, cut
- - into bite-size strips
- 1 small Red or green sweet pepper
- - cut into strips
- Grated parmesan cheese (opt)
Cooking Ham and asparagus pasta
1. Snap off and discard the woody bases from the fresh asparagus, if using.
2. Bias-slice the asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
3. (or thaw and drain the frozen asparagus).
4. For sauce, in a medium saucepan combine stewed tomatoes, parsley, basil, oregano, and ground red pepper, if desired.
5. Bring to boiling.
6. Simmeri the sauce, uncovered, about 15 minutes or till reduced to 2-