Gusita sau drob de miel (lamb pudding)
Gusita sau drob de miel (lamb pudding) ingredients
- 1 Lambs toung heart & liver
- 1 Onion, Large, Chopped
- 1 T Bland lard*see note*
- 5 Slices dutch toast*note*
- 5 Eggs
- 1 parsley, to taste
- 1 Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking Gusita sau drob de miel (lamb pudding)
1. Parboili tounge and remove skin and any veins.
2. Cut up lungs, heart, toung and livers into small chunks; sautee onion in lard*note* what they call bland lard i would consider to be white, or refined top lard Chill.
3. Grindi up chilled meat and onions.
4. Turn into a bowl add the toast*note* "dutch toast" i think is like a garlic bread without the garlic, but i"d use stale garlic bread Place lamb casing in a greased baking dish, place mixture in casing and fold over edges.
5. Bakei at 350 deg for one hour or until done.
6. If you wish you may leave out the casing and just make a meatloaf out of this, topped with rashers of bacon and tomato sauce or salsa.
7. One variation is to place the meats in a pan with onion, carrot and parsley and boil until tender.
8. Remove from water, skin tounge and put meats through a food grinder.
9. Fryi onions until transparent and add to meat mixture, with more parsley, dill, salt and pepper, and eggs.
10. Mixi eggs in well.
11. Another variation is to take one egg, five tablespoons of flour, a walnut sized hunk of butter and enough cold water to make a dough, cut the flour, butter and egg together as for pie dough and roll out large enough to cover bottom of casserole dish and encase meat mixture, fold dough over top and prick several times with a fork.
12. Bake as above.