Grilled tofu with sesame buckwheat noodles & ginger veggi
Grilled tofu with sesame buckwheat noodles & ginger veggi ingredients
- 1⁄2 c Peanut oil
- 1⁄2 c Sesame oil
- 1⁄2 c Red wine
- 1⁄4 c Mushroom soy sauce
- 1⁄4 c black vinegar
- 6 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t Chinese five-spice powder
Cooking Grilled tofu with sesame buckwheat noodles & ginger veggi
1. A beautifully compose plate with many flavors and colors.
2. Each component is placed on the plate separately, making three little groupings of bright and exciting tastes.
3. The noodles and tofu can be made ahead, held at room temperature for an hour or so, leaving only the vegetables to be sauteed at the last minute.
4. Grilled tofu marinade 4 "blocks" firm tofu combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Add the pieces of tofu and cover with the marinade.
6. Let sit for 6 to 8 hours in the refrigerator or 3 hours at room temperature.
7. Prepare charcoal grill.
8. Remove the tofu from the marinade and drain slightly.
9. Cook over med-hot red coals, basting frequently with the marinade.
10. "score" the tofu on both sides making a cross-hatch pattern.
11. Cook until golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
12. Remove from the grill and set aside.
13. Sesame buckwheat noodles sauce: 6 green onions, minced 4 cloves garlic, minced 3 tbs miso, red or white 3" piece ginger, peeled and minced 2 jalapeno peppers, minced