Grilled Shark Teriyaki
Grilled Shark Teriyaki ingredients
- 1 1⁄2 lb Shark steaks
- -or other firm-fleshed fish
- 1 cn Pineapple chunks (20 oz)
- 3 T Salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 T Sherry
- 1 T Grated Gingerroot
- 1⁄2 t Dry mustard
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t Brown sugar
- 1 To 2 large green peppers cut into large pieces
Cooking Grilled Shark Teriyaki
1. Rinse shark with cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
2. Set aside.
3. Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons of juice; set pineapple chunks aside.
4. Make marinade by combining reserved juice, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, mustard, garlic and brown sugar.
5. Stiri well and pour over shark.
6. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once.
7. Using bamboo or metal skewers, make kabobs by alternating pineapple and green pepper; set aside.
8. Drain shark, reserving marinade.
9. Place on well-greased grate 4-5 inches from hot coals and cook 4-5 minutes.
10. Bastei with marinade and turn.
11. Cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until shark flakes when tested with a fork.
12. Baste fruit and vegetable kabobs and place on grill.
13. Cook 15-30 seconds on each side, or until just browned.
14. Makes 4 servings.
15. NOTE: Sharki may be broiled on a well-greased broiler pan 5-6 inches from source of heat.
16. Follow grilling times and directions.