Grilled Lamb with Mint Pesto
Grilled Lamb with Mint Pesto ingredients
- 1 c Fresh basil
- 1 c Fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 c Shallot
- 1 T Pine nuts
- 1 T Honey
- 1⁄2 c Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Eggplant
- 1 T Fresh lemon juice
- 6 lamb chop
Cooking Grilled Lamb with Mint Pesto
1. Combine basil, mint, shallots, pine nuts, and honey in a food processor.
2. Process until finely blended.
3. With motor running, add oil in a thin-steady stream.
4. Process until thickened.
5. Transfer to a bowl and cover with a layer of the remaining olive oil. Chill for up to 7 days.
6. Prepare a bed of coals for grilling.
7. Meanwhile moisten cut surfaces of eggplant with lemon juice.
8. Seasoni with salt and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
9. Pat eggplant dry with a towel or paper towels.
10. Season lamb chops with salt and pepper.
11. Place eggplant slices and lamb chops onto the grill.
12. Grilli for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until eggplant is tender, and lamb is medium rare.
13. Arrange eggplant slices onto a serving platter.
14. Cover with the lamb chops.
15. Stiri pesto and place a small dollop on top of each lamb chop serve hot.