Grated potato patties
Grated potato patties ingredients
- 450 g Potatoes
- - peeled & coarsely grated
- 2 Egg; lightly beaten
- 1 small Onion, grated
- 1 T Corn flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 t Freshly grated nutmeg
- Ground-nut oil for frying
Cooking Grated potato patties
1. Serves 2-3 these are gorgeous.
2. There is something very special about the taste of grated raw potato lightly cooked, and these patties are distinctly moreish.
3. You probably won"t have any leftovers! soak the grated potatoes in cold water.
4. Drain them through a large sieve, pressing out all the water, then pat them dry with kitchen paper.
5. mix the beaten egg, onion and cornflour together and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. Stiri in the grated potato.
7. in a small, heavy-bottomed frying-pan heat a little oil until it is hot, then drop the mixture 2-3 tbs at a time into the pan, and flatten each pancake with the back of a spoon.
8. Cook on both sides until golden.
9. Drain on kitchen paper and keep hot in a low oven until ready to eat.