German Meatballs ingredients
- 3 T Vegatable oil
- 1 lb All-purpose potatoes,
- Scrubbed and sliced, about
- 3 1/2 cups
- 1⁄2 small Head red cabbage, about
- 8 oz., cored and coarsely
- 1 small Onion, diced, about 1/2 cup
- 8 oz Lean ground veal
- 8 oz Lean ground pork
- 1 c Fresh bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 t Grated lemon peel
- 2 T Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T white wine
- worchestershire sause
- Salt and black pepper to
- 2 t All-purpose flour
- 1 T Fresh lemon juice
- 1 T capers, drained
Cooking German Meatballs
1. In 4 qt. saucepan over medium-high heat,heat 2 tbsp.
2. oil;add potatoes,cabbage and onion;cook about 5 minutes until crisp- tender,stirring frequently.
3. Add 1/2 cup water;cook,covered,10 minutes,stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile,in large bowl,combine veal,pork,bread crumbs,grated lemon peel,1 tbsp.
5. EACH:chopped parsley and worcestershire sauce,salt and pepper;using hands or wooden spoon,blend well.
6. Shape mixture into 1 1/2" balls.
7. In 12" skillet over medium-high heat,heat 1 tbsp.
8. oil;cook meatballs about 15 minutes,turning frequently until well browned on all sides.
9. Using slotted spoon,remove meatballs to saucepan with cabbage mixture;keep warm.
10. Stiri flour into drippings in skillet;add lemon juice,remaining 1 tbsp.
11. parsley and worcestershire sauce and capers.
12. Gradually,stir in 3/4 cup water;increase heat to high.
13. Bring to boil;reduce heat to low;cook 1 minute.
14. To serve:Pour mixture over meatball-cabbage mixture in saucepan;toss well.
15. Spoon into serving bowl.
16. Makes 4 servings.