Fried Chicken with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Fried Chicken with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette ingredients
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken
- 2 Boneless, skinless thighs
- 3 t Honey
- 3 t Dijon mustard
- 2 t Kosher salt divided
- 1⁄2 t Black pepper
- 1⁄8 t Ground red pepper
- 6 sli Pancetta or bacon
- Peanot oil for frying
- 1⁄2 c Lowfat buttermilk
- 9 c Mixed lettuces
- 1 t Honey
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 1 t Red Wine Vinegar
- 1⁄2 t Kosher salt
- 1⁄4 t Coarsely ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper
- 1⁄4 c olive oil
Cooking Fried Chicken with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
1. In small bowl combine vinaigrette ingredients, except oil. Whiski in oil until blended set aside.
2. Rinse chicken and pat dry. slice diagonally into 1 inch wide strips.
3. To make salad, in medium size bowl mix honey, mustard, 1 tea salt pepper.
4. add chicken pieces and turn to coat.
5. Cover and chill until ready to cook In large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat till crisp.
6. Drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
7. Wipe the skillet with paper towels.
8. Combine the bread crumbs with remaining salt and pepper.
9. dip the coated chicken strips in butter milk, then dredge in bread crumbs mixture pressing firmily onto chicken.
10. Pour enough oil into the wiped skillet to measure about 1/4 inch.
11. Set over medium high heat.
12. When oil is hot add the chicken and fry till golden on both sides and firm to touch, adjusting heat as necessary.
13. Drain the chicken on towels and keep warm while mixing greens.
14. In large bowl toss the greens with vinaigrette.
15. Divide evenly among 4 serving platesd arrrange chicken on greens sprinkle with crumbled pancetta.
16. Source Better Homes and gardens Mag.