- 1 small Onion, grated
- 1 t Cooking oil
- 1⁄2 lb Ground Beef, Lean
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Cumin
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 t Hot sauce, to ½ ts.
- 18 Tortillas, fresh
- 2 c Cheese, shredded
- Shortening, hot
1. Cook onion in cooking oil in heavy skillet.
2. When onion is wilted, add meat and cook until mixture turns white.
3. Add salt, cumin, garlic, and hot sauce; cook about 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
4. Put 2 or more tablespoons meat mixture on one edge of tortilla; add 2 to 3 tablespoons shredded cheese.
5. Roll carefully; fasten edges with a toothpick.
6. Place flaquitos in a wire basket; plunge into hot shortening and cook until crips.
7. Do not overcook.