Fettucine w/sun-dried tomato/clam sauce
Fettucine w/sun-dried tomato/clam sauce ingredients
- 4 Sun-dried tomatoes, soak in
- 1 T Olive oil, plus
- 1 t olive oil
- 1⁄2 c Onion, chopped
- 2 clv garlic, minced
- 1 oz Anchovy fillets, drain, chop
- 7 oz Canned whole clams, drain
- 1⁄2 c Low-sod chicken broth
- 1⁄2 c Clam and tomato juice blend
- 1⁄4 c Tomato paste
- 1⁄2 t Dried oregano
- 1⁄8 t Red pepper flakes
- 3 oz Fettucine, cook al dente
Cooking Fettucine w/sun-dried tomato/clam sauce
1. In mini food processor, process tomatoes until pureed; set aside.
2. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Add onions, anchovies and garlic.
3. Cook, stirring frequently 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender.
4. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients except fettucine.
5. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Place drained pasta in serving bowl.
7. Spoon clam sauce on top. Tossi to mix well.