- 1⁄2 lb Ground beef
- 1⁄4 c Onion; Finely Chopped, 1 Md
- 2 T Raisins; finely chopped
- 2 T Chopped green olives
- 1⁄4 t Salt
- 1⁄8 t Pepper
- 1⁄4 c Cottage Cheese;Sm Curd,Cream
- 1 Egg;Large Hard Cooked, *
- 1 Egg; Large, Separated
- 1 t water
- 1 10-Inch PastryRecipe,2 crust
- 2 t Milk
1. * Hard boiled egg should be peeled and chopped.
2. Cook and stir ground beef in 10-inch skillet, breaking up into small pieces, until brown; drain reserving 1 T of fat and the beef in the skillet.
3. Stiri in onion, raisins, olives,salt and pepper.
4. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in cottage cheese and hard cooked egg. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Mixi egg white and water until slightly foamy; reserve.
6. Prepare pastry dough; gather into a ball.
7. Divide into halves.
8. Shape into 2 flattened rounds on lightly floured cloth covered surface.
9. Roll 1 round of pasty into circle, about 14 inches in diameter.
10. Cut into 11 or 12 circles, 3 1/2-inches in diameter.
11. Spoon on 2 t of the beef mixture at the center of each circle; brush edge of pastry with egg white mixture.
12. Foldi pastry circle up over filling; press edge with fork to seal.
13. place empanaditas on ungreased cookie sheet.
14. Repeat with remaining pastry circles.
15. Gather any remianing pastry; shape into another round.
16. Repeat rolling cutting and filling.
17. Beat egg yolk and milk until well blended; brush over tops of empanaditas.
18. Bakei until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
19. Serve warm.