Chorizo (mexican sausage) #2
Chorizo (mexican sausage) #2 ingredients
- 3 oz Chiles, New Mexico, dried
- 1⁄2 med onions, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 t Oregano leaves, crumbed
- 1⁄2 c Vinegar, wine, red
- 2 1⁄4 lb pork, ground
- 1 1⁄2 t Salt
- 1⁄2 t Cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 t Pepper, red, ground
Cooking Chorizo (mexican sausage) #2
1. "deliciously spicy as a filling, chorizo can also e shaped into sausage patties or links.
2. " soak chiles in vinegar until soft (3 hours).
3. Remove stems and seeds.
4. Place chiles, vinegar, and onion in a blender; whirl until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, combine chile puree, pork, garlic, salt, oregano, cumin, and ground red pepper; mix well.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until next day. Crumble desired amount of pork mixture into a frying pan over medium-high heat.
7. Cook, stirring, until browned (about 7 minutes).
8. Drain off any fat. Or shape mixture into patties or links and cook until no longer pink inside (about 10 minutes).
9. Makes 8 to 10 servings (2