Chiffon Cake ingredients
- 1 c Sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 c Sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 t baking powder
- 1⁄4 t Salt
- 1⁄4 c Vegatable oil
- 4 Eggs; separated
- 1⁄4 c water
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 t Cream of tartar
Cooking Chiffon Cake
1. Recipe by: Southern Living Sifti together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in center; add oil, egg yolks, water, and vanilla.
3. Beat at high speed of an electric mixer about 5 minutes or until satiny smooth.
4. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
5. Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Pour egg yolk mixture in a thin, steady stream over entire surface of egg whites; then gently fold whites into yolk mixture.
7. Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, spreading evenly with a spatula.
8. Bakei at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
9. Invert pan; cool 40 minutes.
10. Loosen cake from sides of pan 10-inch cake.