Carrot pecan crunch pie
Carrot pecan crunch pie ingredients
- 1 1⁄2 lb Carrots, cut up or two 16-oz
- Cans diced carrots, drained.
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Milk, sweetened, condensed
- 1 T Pumpkin pie spice
- Dash salt
- 1 Pastry shell, unbaked 9-in.
- 1⁄2 c Brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 c Margarine, melted
- 1 c Pecans, chopped
Cooking Carrot pecan crunch pie
1. If using fresh carrots, cook carrots, covered, in about 1 cup water for 30 to 40 minutes or till very tender.
3. Pureei cooked or canned carrots in a blender, food processor, or food mill till smooth.
4. (you should have about 2 cups).
5. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
6. Add carrots; mix well.
7. Turn into pastry shell.
8. In a small bowl combine brown sugar and margarine or butter; stir in pecans.
9. Sprinkle evenly over pie. Cover edge of pie with foil.
10. Bakei in a 375f oven for 25 minutes.
11. Remove foil; bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or till a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
12. Cool immediately on a wire rack.
13. Makes 8 servings.
14. Nutrition information per serving: 547 cal. 9g pro. , 66g carbo.
15. , 29 g fat, 87 mg chol.
16. , 308 mg sodium, 614 mg potassium, 4 g dietary fiber, u. s. Rda: 489% vit. A, 11% vit. c,18% thiamine, 20% riboflavin, 20% calcium, 10% iron.
17. Ah-choo in md.