Carne Frita ingredients
- 1 lb lean boneless beef
- 4 qt water
- 1⁄2 c -Shortening
- 3 c Onions
- 3 Eggs
- 1 t Salt
- 1 T Red Chili
- 3 c Cooked rice
Cooking Carne Frita
1. Heat water to a boil in a stockpot, over a high flame.
2. Add beef or pork as used.
3. Retutn to the boil, reduce heat to a slow rolling boil, and simmer for 2 hours, until meat flakes easily into strings.
4. Remove from pot and drain.
5. Heat shortening in a skillet, over a moderate flame.
6. Add onions, heat and stir for 8-10 minutes, until golden.
7. Add eggs, salt, pepper, and drained meat.
8. Heat and stir until eggs are well cooked.
9. Serve hot, over hot cooked rice.